floral

Sunday, January 29, 2012

All Alone in my Own Little Corner...

Best song ever from Rodger's and Hammersteins Cinderella:). She talks about how she sits in her corner in her chair and imagines all of these different things. Let me tell you something, Brandy did a bang-up job in that movie! It's one of my favorites. Bernadette Peters is the bomb-digity. Straight up.

Anywho, I just made that incredibly lengthy reference, I'll tell you why. Books take me to that little corner. Where I am free to imagine anything I want. And that my friends, is pure bliss.

Here is my stack of books so far this past fall/winter:


Radical: Ah-ma-zing. That's all I gots to say about that sitcheeation. I could not even begin to pick one quote that I liked best but I'll give it a shot. Paraphrased: Accept him? Like Jesus needs us to accept him. Isn't that a crazy thought?

I had never thought about it that way. This book made me think about things in a different light. Read it!

The Resolution For Women: I'm 50 pages into it and IN LOVE! I feel empowered to live out my Christian duties as a woman. To fulfill the role that he has written out for me plain and simple in His word, His perfect word. The resolution to live out my life againt feminism and against discontentment. I highly recommend this book to anyone looking to further their walk with the Lord.

The Treasure Principle: This book was given to me from my dad to read. It's next, so I have no remarks about it:).

It Had to be You: This is the third book in a great series by Janice Thompson. These books take place in the South and involve love, wedding planning, and a big Italian family that loves the Lord. It's going to be a great read:)!


What's on your list this winter?

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! Send me an email at joykinard@yahoo.com. Congrats on your prize! So glad you won!

    ReplyDelete