floral

Monday, May 28, 2012

Mr. and Mrs. Borgerding



Mim and I took a smallish (8 hour) drive this weekend...to Pennsylvania!

My Cousin Thomas and his lovely bride Hannah got hitched! The last time I saw Hannah was at Thomas's sister, Chloe's, wedding! Ironic?



It took 290 MILES(!!!!!) to find a starbucks along I-70. 290. I thought I was going to keel over. Alas, after getting off the wrong exit 3 times, we found one in Belle Vernon. Geez.


I love tunnels!!!!


The lovely couple of honor this weekend. This was taken at their rehersal dinner which was held at a quaint place called "The Rustic Tavern".



Thomas and Hannah with Thomas's grandmother from England. She was an absolute hoot! She cracked me up.



The lovely bridesmaids :).


This is where you say, "Awwwwhhhhh."




The BEAUTIFUL bride. You looked gorgeous Hannah!



One very pleased groom:). My favorite part of a wedding!




The couple praying a fervent blessing over their marriage. The ceremony was directed towards a Christian marriage. It was encouraging to see this kind of love and respect for one another played out in their ceremony. I am so excited for what God has in store for them!



And Thomas, being the romantic that he is, dipped his wife and gave her a kiss. "Very Fred and Ginger," my mother keeps saying!




The newlyweds!



Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 was read at the ceremony. It states:

9 Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.


Hannah and Thomas, though you, as two, are better than one, don't forget to put the Lord at the center of your relationship. Everything else will fall into its rightful place if you do so. Remember, a cord of three strands is not quickly broken. Be strong in the Lord and He will make your path straight. I wish you all the best of luck in your new life as a couple! God bless!!!


1 comment:

  1. Bridget I just came across this again and I love it! You are so sweet! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete