floral

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

But Wait! There's More!

Do you ever think God feels like He is watching an infomercial when we pray to Him?
Sometimes I feel this way. I'll be just a praying up a storm, asking God for this and thanking Him for that. Then I say, "Oh! and..." blah blah blah. And I ask Him to take another heap of my emotional baggage.


You wouldn't ask a person for as much as we ask God for. Ever. That would be ridiculous.
"Oh hey Susie, can you go and heal my grandfather and then tell me where to go on my next missions trip? Thanks, you're a doll!"
No. That would NOT happen.
So why do we do it to God?

Because Matthew 7:7 says, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."



That's why! Our God is so amazing! He always hears our prayers, He's never too busy for our menial problems.


I'm not saying He is going to answer the prayer you are sending up like you want it to be answered. My parents always told me, "God isn't a genie." He can do some pretty amazing stuff and we shouldn't tell Him He can't do it. Hello!!! He's God! Of course he can!


There's a difference between wants and needs, so go to God with an open heart and mind and don't turn away just because He doesn't answer how you WANT Him to. It's His plan, He's got it all under control ladies and gents:).

No comments:

Post a Comment