floral

Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Calm After a Storm

Today I was a horrible babysitter. Absolutely horrible. Thank God for His grace. I lost Sam-bo. Precious, giggly, rotten, sweet-faced, Sam-bo. The thoughts that went through my mind are indescribable. Visions of him with a stranger or off in the woods by himself consumed my every waking thought. And then we found him. :) Praise the Lord!

 What a sweet little guy! He is the second youngest of six in a family that is near and dear to me in heart and presence. His big sister, Bailie, is such a sweetheart and protector over this little guy. As she and I were sprinting through the woods to find dear Sam, I could only imagine what was going through her mind, based on the thoughts that were going through mine. Poor girl :(

Jennie's (Sam's momma) dearest friends, Koralee and Josh, and their five children also participated in this search. Thank you so much!



Now as I sit here with his baby sister, Maddie, (who's currently munching on a banana) I thank the Lord for sending Sam-bo back to us. He is now quietly sleeping in his room. I am feeling His presence and Him giving me this calm after a storm.

1 comment:

  1. Amen!!! He is a wanderer, as you already know. We still hope that you will come back and babysit again. :)
    Thanks for loving my children the way that you do!!!
    We love you,
    Jennie

    ReplyDelete