floral

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Black and Blue and Mexican All Over

I wish I had taken a better picture (this was taken on my phone), but here it is!!!


My new mexican creation I threw together the other day after church.

1 pint of canned beef
1/2 Tbs. of taco seasoning
1/4 cup corn
1/4 cup black beans
1/2 Tbs. olive oil
Mushrooms to your desire (optional)
Rotel tomaotes to your desire
Chips (I used blue corn chips)
Shredded cheese (also optional)

I heated up my beef in the microwave for 30 seconds to loosen the fat on the top. I then forked it into a pan to reduce the amount of juice I put in with it. If you see that the beef looks dry after a bit of heating in the pan, just add more juice from the can in. Add the taco seasoning.

I started the corn, black beans, and mushrooms in a separate skillet with the oil to sort of "roast" them.

After both items are roasted/ heated through, add on top on chips or just eat it on a plate without chips. Sprinkle with cheese if desired and add Rotel tomatoes for a little kick!

This was a simple meal to make, though it doesn't feed very many people if you have a hungry dad like me :).

No comments:

Post a Comment