floral

Thursday, September 6, 2012

influenced: the good kind

As a senior, we are required to take a  compostition class. Our second assignment for the year was to write our collge essays for applications. Neither of the colleges that I'm applying to require an essay, therefore I had to choose a Common Application promt...Here it is, format and all, honoring Miss Jennie Warner over at Homestead Living...


(kind of an old picture, cerca 2010)

The Most Influential People

Bridget Berger

                Dirty diapers, screaming kids, baby food, and no sleep is just what I imagine when I envision my future. Not everyone can understand this life-style. These people are the few who are adorned with a special job title: Mother.

                I’ve always entertained the thought of being a stay-at-home-mom, but it wasn’t until I met Jennie that I really embraced this dream. A mother of six beautiful children, Jennie lives, breathes, and loves motherhood. While she was pregnant with her sixth child, Madeline, I was roped into a shopping trip to Old Navy. I had never spent much time with Jennie prior to spending the afternoon with her and her five kids. This excursion was an eye opener for my future life. I hadn’t wanted a huge family before meeting Jennie and her husband Jeff; my desires have changed for the larger. The trip went on, maternity jeans were purchased, and a life-long friendship was formed.

                Jennie has inspired me to not only be stronger Christian but to have a passion to prepare for marriage and motherhood. Her influences in my life have made me a better human being and servant for the Lord. She has opened my eyes to the world of Homeschooling, garage-saling, and much more. For that, I am forever grateful. Jennie has become one of the most influential people in my life and in turn, has become my best friend; not many people get to have this adventure in life. I’m so glad I got to spend it with her. Because of Jennie, I have become a valuable, stronger, more passionate person.
 
*** I don't even like to think of where my heart would be without you Jenn! ***

No comments:

Post a Comment